Thank God I got tagged, you people, because the first half of the week I wrote nothing blog-related because I was depressed, and now I am out of my depression spell but addicted to a Korean drama called Rookie Historian Goo Hae-Ryung. Which means I had no post written up today! I’d been feeling unreasonably guilty about that, but then Kenechi tagged me. So thank you, Kenechi!
- Thank the person who nominated you and display the award. (Thank you again, Kenechi!)
- Answer the questions provided. (Doable.)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself. (Erp. I may skip this.)
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers and make sure they know! (I’ll try…)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions. (Oh no. I’m going to run out of questions by number five, aren’t I?)
1. What is your favorite Disney song?
Actually, I have no idea. What Disney songs do I really like? I mean, I’ll go through binges where I’ll listen to every Disney song in existence, but which ones really stand out to me? I’m not sure I really have a favorite? I like a lot of them, but I don’t really have a favorite.
But I do really like Not One of Us and My Lullaby from Lion King 2. I’ve never seen the movie, but I like those songs. And Noble Maiden Fair! I HATED Brave (sorry I wanted to like it too), but I love the whole soundtrack.
(Edited to add Love’s an Open Door. How could I have forgotten that one? Ugh so I kinda sorta love Hans even after all the awful things he did. I’m sorry. I hate him, but I love him? That doesn’t even make sense.)
2. What do you do when you are feeling sad for no apparent reason?
That’s honestly a really hard question, because there really isn’t a right answer. Sometimes I’ll write, and that will make me feel better, but sometimes that feeling makes me too exhausted to write. Sometimes I try to step up my self-care, but sometimes that feeling makes me too exhausted to do that. Recently I realized I wasn’t going outside because of the heat, and that was why I was feeling awful, so I started taking more walks in the evening. But sometimes you can’t even do that.
Depression and sadness and anxiety and everything related to that is a very case by case thing, and I can’t and shouldn’t give advice, but to everyone going through that, you’re basically heroes, okay? To feel all that and still endure. You’re awesome.
3. On a scale of one to ten, how amazing do you think peanut butter cups are?
I’d put them at a definite 6. I like them, I’ll eat them, but they aren’t my absolute favorite food.
4. Do you have a weird food you eat that everyone else thinks is gross?
I love shrimp crackers, and no one else in my family understands. They’re so good, you guys! They’re not really crackers so much as crunchy fry-shaped things (at least the ones I had), but unlike fries, they actually have texture and they taste good, which fries do not always come through on. (Plus no one’s pressuring you to eat them with ketchup, ketchup is GROSS)
5. Soft, low, cozy light, or bright, cheery, fresh light?
Either is fine. Light that’s too bright is slightly annoying.
6. What is your favorite beverage?
Don’t have one! I am, apparently, really bad at picking favorites.
7. Do you like to write with pens or pencils?
PENCILS OH MY GOSH NOT BEING ABLE TO ERASE MY MISTAKES IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST.
8. What is your dream car?
It’s blue. And it’s drivable. And maybe just maybe it’s a magic car that lasts forever and never breaks down and never needs money spent on it because it breaks.
9. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever been victim to?
I don’t remember exactly, but it has to be one of those times I fell off a horse. (It was usually the same horse, incidentally. She was a really bad horse. I mean, I liked her? But she was really bad.)
10. What’s your go-to casual outfit?
I don’t have one! And as I answer these questions, I begin to realize what an absolutely eventful and fascinating life I lead. /s
But I like things with interesting patterns and unique designs. I have this one black shirt that has this blue eye with dashes of purple in it, and it’s surrounded by tapeworms spreading out from the eye like so many tentacles. I don’t wear it often, but I love it. My mom’s friend made it for her in college.
That turned into sort of a weird answer oops.
11. Favorite movie genre?
Everyone ready to guess the answer with me?
That’s right. I don’t have one. I’m honestly not into movies that much. But I mainly watch superhero movies, sci-fi (like Star Wars and Star Trek), and animated movies. Into the Spiderverse was both an animated movie and a superhero movie, which made it the best of both worlds for me, and I wish we could get more movies like that? I loved Megamind! I want more animated movies about superheroes and supervillains! (Are there actually a whole ton of them out there, and I’ve just been oblivious to everything in the movie world, or are they legitimately kind of rare? I wouldn’t know.)
And I guess I should try to come up with questions:
- What real-life person do you look up to the most? (It can be someone from history, if you want!)
- What’s your favorite myth?
- Favorite kind of tree?
- What’s your favorite poem?
- Do you play any instrument, and if you don’t, what is one instrument you’d like to play?
- What’s your favorite color combination?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- Favorite bird?
- Cold weather or hot weather?
- Thoughts on spiders, snakes, and other animals people don’t tend to like much?
- What’s your favorite food?
So I tag…Um…
And you. I tag you. That should be about five people.
And that was everything! I am absolutely loving Rookie Historian right now, I’m on episode eight by now! It’s on Netflix, if you want to check it out. It’s sort of (very very excruciatingly) silly, but then it’ll just turn around and punch me in the heart. And, as ashamed as I am to say it, I really think Yi-Rim represents me as a delicate, unathletic, overdramatic writer? It’s been cute so far, and I hope it stays the way. I hope you enjoyed the post!